1. Style

The World's Youngest Fashion Designer

By February 23, 2010

This is fantastic: Terra USA interviewed a 10-year-old named Cecelia Cassini at New York Fashion Week's Bryant Park, where the self-proclaimed "youngest fashion designer" was taking in some runway shows to get inspiration for her new line.

Don't believe me? Check out the video interview yourself below:

Video © Terra USA.

Comments

November 15, 2010 at 6:19 pm
(1) Kate Kim says:

im a fashion designer too! i am kate and i am 10 yrs. old and my aunts bff is the person who made MCM so my mom says i can make a really pretty dress for her to wear and it can be kind of like a celebriteaser!

November 15, 2010 at 6:21 pm
(2) kate kim says:

also, i want to ask a few questions. how did she become known? how did you find her? i mean the youngest fashion designer because i am ten too and i made my own bags, pants, shirts and dresses!:(

December 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm
(3) Chaurntae says:

same here how cause she is famous and im 11 and i design my own dreeses outfits and all ova fashioon ines my line is called To Dream Or Not To Dream which atm is my winter collection My names Chante and i think weshould all be famous fornwhat we do as we are inspirations tonally years PS im from england

January 2, 2011 at 12:12 pm
(4) asha says:

im 10 and im a designer but i dON,T have materials

February 17, 2011 at 5:25 pm
(5) sf says:

OK, I’m 13 years old and I love fashion. it’s really cool and all that this 10 year old girl can design things and go to Bryant Park at fashion week, but does she not seem like a brat to anyone else but me? honestly, even from the way she talks you can totally tell that she thinks she’s the best person in the world. she seems like her dad just buys her everything she wants and she became a fashion designer from his money, not from her imagination. they way she says ” OK so, I think that children should wear (you are a child yourself) a lot of bright colours, they need bright colours definitely (tsk) sequins, tadas (who says that?), blah blah.” if sequins and bows were “in right now”, then how come I don’t see anyone wearing them? anyone in their right mind can see that this brat just wants fame because her daddy can probably buy it for her.

May 1, 2011 at 8:53 am
(6) Alyssa says:

So not fair, I started to make big bows before i have heard of her! I am 11 and personally I think her clothes are total trash! Besides that is probably real fur!(disgusting) Also, who puts BIG WHITE DOTS on fur coats!!!??? Why does some bratty, snob kid get to be famous when we all have better designs then her garbage! I so agree with “sf says”: brat, dad buys fame for her. Why can’t we be famous?