1. Style

Great New Idea: Goody Spin Pin

By March 10, 2010

I don't know about you, but I have about two seconds in the morning to do my hair (thank goodness for dry shampoo), so when I heard about a new product line from Goody called Simple Styles my ears were definitely perked.

The Simple Styles collection consists of four products that are all made to give you a cool hairdo with minimum time, skill and effort. There's one that gives you a mini poof a la Snooki, one for a chic updo, one for a volume-full ponytail - and my favorite: The Spin Pin. What is a Spin Pin, you ask?

Well, a Spin Pin is a corkscrew-shaped pin that you can use to create a chic messy bun that'll stay all day. To work it you put your hair in a ponytail, wrap the pony around into a bun and then twist two of the Spin Pins in a criss-cross into the bun. The folks at Goody say that it's as good as using 20 bobby pins!

If you want to get your hands on a set of two Spin Pins (for about $6.49), just check out a Target or CVS store.

Photo © Goody.

Comments

April 25, 2010 at 10:44 am
(1) Tami says:

I LOVE these new pins. I got them along with two other items in the new line at Target. I hated the other two tools and have since returned them. While there, I picked up another set of the Spin Pins – the last ones on the shelf.

I like that they come in two colors – one a better match for lighter shades of hair, and one for darker hair.

These pins make buns easier than ever – and nice neat buns too; not just messy buns.

I don’t put my hair into a ponytail first. I just twist it around, tuck in the tails, and spin in those two pins. I am really surprised at how easy and fast it is – and how long the bun stays put!

I’ve bought many products over the years that are supposed to help make a bun easy. Some were good. Some were fair. Some were useless. I think that Spin Pins may be the best ever.

May 4, 2010 at 3:22 pm
(2) rosy says:

these things are really bad i hate them they dont work just waste of money=/ only retarded people would wear them=/

May 4, 2010 at 3:23 pm
(3) ruby says:

yeahhh they really dont work!!!!!

May 4, 2010 at 6:32 pm
(4) Anne says:

You’re usage of the word “retarded” is very pathetic. I’m sure you would use a much more suitable and less offensive adjective to use to describe the product.

May 4, 2010 at 6:33 pm
(5) Anne says:

Your*

May 4, 2010 at 6:34 pm
(6) Anne says:

could*

**need to slow down when I type! LOL.

May 6, 2010 at 6:08 pm
(7) Sammy says:

Rosy is probably 12. Or perhaps she’s the one “lacking intellect” if she can’t figure out how to use it? Just saying…

But I digress. A friend recommended this to me and I am really anxious to try it! I wear high, messy buns pretty frequently and sometimes it’s a little work to get it in the right place, and to stay put. It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for.

May 6, 2010 at 9:06 pm
(8) rosy says:

i am 12 and do;nt hate cuase you an:nt like really you are picking on a little girl and thats really needs to stop . and yeah maybe that my opion and i really do’nt like it when you say things like that l;ike you can have your own opinion and all but do’nt be mean im 12 years okd

May 6, 2010 at 9:29 pm
(9) Sammy says:

Well Rosy, 12 year olds shouldn’t be posting comments on public forums, now should they? And you are the one “being mean” by suggesting someone is retarded. So you don’t be mean, either.

May 7, 2010 at 1:38 pm
(10) Jen says:

Mine won’t stay in my hair and one of them even bent when using it the first day so that the corkscrew no longer looked right. Not sure I’d recommend them.

May 8, 2010 at 11:26 am
(11) Lauren says:

Since when are 12 year olds not allowed to post on public forums? Its not like she’s giving anything other then her opinion, which everyone else gave. So what if she has a different opinion then everyone else? That’s what opinions are, otherwise they’d just be facts. Being 12 has nothing to do with it.

May 8, 2010 at 6:27 pm
(12) Kitty says:

12 year olds can post their opinions. Stop talking down to her. And all the people who are offended by the use of the word “retarded” are RETARDED. Political correctness is killing this country. Get a life and find something real to cry about!

May 9, 2010 at 3:02 am
(13) Amy says:

Well, I’m sure you wouldn’t like it if you had a brother or sister who suffered from mental retardation. & yeah, 12-year-olds should be playing outside and exercising, not commenting on public forums. This is why 1 in every 3 children are obese.

& oh, I saw the commercial for these. :) & I’m excited to try them.

May 9, 2010 at 4:01 pm
(14) Maui says:

Do they get tangled in your hair when you try to get them out?

May 9, 2010 at 5:36 pm
(15) Anna says:

These work great in my hair. I have really soft, long and slightly fine hair. They hold my hair up, sans a pony tail holder. I even used them while working out and just my super short layer fell out. But then again, that happens when I put it in a pony tail as well.
I really like them, though I didn’t see any dark hair pins so I got the blonde ones. Thankfully, you can’t see them in my hair. And when I take my hair down (they come out without a single snag for me) I get this awesome bouncy curl at the ends. I’m gonna be talking about these for a while, and probably throw one in my car, in my gym bag, my beach bag, etc.

May 9, 2010 at 8:01 pm
(16) Ivette says:

I really like these pins!! Yesterday I used them
for the first time. I usually put my hair up in buns and use a ton of bobby pins. I was surprised to be able to use this set only and was done. Taking them out was very easy with no complications at all(: the only thing now is that I lost one of the spins so I’m gonna go purchase another set or two to keep as back up!

May 10, 2010 at 9:49 am
(17) Kristen says:

These don’t work :( It may be that I have some layers and it’s hard to get them all in. But I put both pins in and part of the bun stays up, but it doesn’t look good. I would just stick to a ponytail and some bobby pins. I’m disappointed in Goody. Usually they have great products, but this is not good and do not recommend it.

May 11, 2010 at 3:45 pm
(18) rosy says:

okk first of SAMMY you are dumb and im not actually 12 im 15 and u should go purchase these waste of money product and all that agree with him are stupid and i do think they are RETARTED we can express our feeling bye leaving comments on this product and “AMY” why dont you go play outside this is why most of the the adults are obese is because they sit at work geting paid for sittin on there desk with a bag of chips ating like they are working

May 11, 2010 at 6:55 pm
(19) Kat says:

Girls thanks for the great comments on this product and for the Interesting “Read”.

May 11, 2010 at 11:15 pm
(20) DLT says:

They really are great & super easy to use. I don’t even need to use both as I get a secure hold with one. Twist it in/twist it out simple as can be.

May 14, 2010 at 2:32 pm
(21) Jules says:

Love these! One of my best friends told me about them, and I got them last night. No ponytail holder, no bobby pins. Just twist a couple in.
I think it *definitely* depends on your hair type and length. Mine is pretty fine and past my collar bones, but “dirtying” it up a bit helps.
I haven’t had any problem with them getting stuck/intertwined – you just twist them counter-clockwise to get them back out.

Good stuff!

May 15, 2010 at 1:31 am
(22) Kelly says:

I have long hair and tried the new corkscrew pins. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. They are exactly as promised, takes the place of many hair pins and I can shake my head all around and the hair stays. They do not get tangled in your hair (that was a concern of mine) and it only takes the two pins to keep my hair in place (my hair is way passed my shoulders).
Also, when I tried the new pins, I saw the other new Goody hair pin for “Updos”, that works the a magic pin, I highly recommend that product as well.

May 15, 2010 at 7:53 am
(23) Hope says:

good lord – I cannot believe I’m reading someone’s dopey argument – people suck – even when they are simply talking about something as basic as a styling tool manners fly out the window.

Now back to the subject at hand….I have very long thick hair and have a tough time keeping it up – I’m going to give the pins a shot.

May 15, 2010 at 5:17 pm
(24) Sharon says:

Not that I care about being PC, but damn rosy you’re quite illiterate. And your argument is completely ad hominem.

May 16, 2010 at 11:19 am
(25) Jessie says:

wow rosy its quite sad that your 15 and dont know how to type. no one said you cant voice your opinion on this product but to be rude and say its retarted is out of line. look up the definition of retarted and see what it means instead of being ignorant

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT ITS AMAZING I DONT EVEN HAVE TO PUT A PONYTAIL HOLDER IN MY HAIR
I HIGHLY RECOMEND IT :)

May 16, 2010 at 2:12 pm
(26) Thrasher says:

When I read your comments and critiques,I would like to read about how the product performed for different people with different hair types. If I wanted to comment on political correctness I would use the proper forum. Hope everyone now just leaves reviews for this product, as that is what this was intended for.

May 16, 2010 at 3:53 pm
(27) Hope says:

Well, the verdict’s in – like I mentioned in my prior comment, my hair’s very long, thick, and heavy. It’s difficult to find anything that actually keeps it up and I love that tousled, casual updo I see out there but can never do….

With that said, these work like a charm.

Thanks for the great product!

May 16, 2010 at 9:19 pm
(28) Allie says:

These pins are FABULOUS!!! I don’t like buns and my hair is not long enough to do the cute lower messy bun. So I bought them and they hold a GREAT french roll!!! you can also spin your hair up kinda like a french roll and leave the ends sprouting out the top to curl. Seriously…LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!

May 19, 2010 at 3:40 pm
(29) Maria says:

These Spin pins are outstanding I bought mine— are you ready—in the 80′s. I still have the 7 of the original ones. I gave up looking for these many years ago and worked with the 7 that I have. I did buy the new ones; just in case I loose one of them….. Great pins.

May 23, 2010 at 11:15 am
(30) Kat says:

I think they work great once you know how to use them right. At first I didn’t like it because I didn’t know how to use it but once you figure it out it can work great. I recommend it. Also it doesn’t pull your hair out.

May 25, 2010 at 1:27 pm
(31) Kathy says:

I have very long hair, and I love these Spin Pins! Nothing before has ever held my hair up all day. These are so easy to put in. And removing them is just as easy….they don’t snag and pull my hair. I highly recommend them to people with long hair.

Kathy

May 25, 2010 at 4:41 pm
(32) poppy says:

you are all acting like children….on a forum about hair pins. HAIR PINS. grow up.

May 27, 2010 at 6:38 pm
(33) Lisa says:

To the little girl…i’m sure you are just running your mouth because you feel safe behind a computer screen, but would never be that disprespectful in public. I want to try these clips too!! I’m going to today lol

May 27, 2010 at 8:25 pm
(34) kimmie says:

Saw a commercial about these spin pins and had to go out and get some right away. Iíve used chopsticks in my hair for ages but they give me a headacheĖ you have to get them pretty tight in order for them to have day-long staying power. The spin pins are fantastic!!! Kept my long (middle of back length) fine hair up all day and were so easy to use!!! Just think of them as cork screws. Best thing is that they donít hurt at all!!! Love them!!! oh and they don’t get tangled in your hair– I didn’t even combed out the tangles before putting them in– and they came out easily.

June 2, 2010 at 12:58 am
(35) Kam says:

Well I have short (shoulder length) layered hair. I saw the commercial and I wanted to try them, but before I buy them I wanted to ask what you guys thought… Do you think they will work with short hair?

June 2, 2010 at 5:41 am
(36) jean says:

so how good is this product. obviously these adults keep fighting with children. grow up and tell me about this damn product.

June 3, 2010 at 1:28 pm
(37) Annie says:

I am loving the arguement. Very entertaining. To the 15 year old, Rosy, 1. You are NOT cool, so stop trying to be cool by arguing with adults. You probably have no friends. 2. I doubt you’ve ever tried the product so don’t call it retarded (I have family that is mentally handicapped).

I like the product. I have long hair and it works great.

June 3, 2010 at 3:12 pm
(38) rosyruby says:

These pins are fabulous! They actually work as advertised. Like most products, you may need to play with them before getting the feel of how to work them in using just a few seconds!

btw: rosy and ruby are the same guy posting as a 12-year old. Notice the times “they” posted. He posts in other forums using the same names.

June 3, 2010 at 7:22 pm
(39) Jackie says:

These spin pins are awesome. So easy to use and keeps my hair in a bun all day. I would recommend them to my friends…

June 6, 2010 at 2:01 pm
(40) Mollie-Antoinette says:

1. weather she is 15, 12, 11, 23, or 36- you ALL are being immature. Yes, when she said “retarded” it IS infact a highly offensive term that should NOT be used in the contex of hairpins or anything else for that matter.

2. I am very excited about trying this product, I am a bit concerned tho because I have long, thick, curlllyy hair, that i often straighten

3. I think the reason some people may not reccomend this product is because everyone’s hair folicals are different, the way your hair falls, the density and the how course it is.

June 6, 2010 at 7:57 pm
(41) mary says:

rosey you must be the retarded because i got them and they hold really good and also slept the last 2 night with my hair in a bun and it was still in a bun the next morning.they must be to hard for you to figure out.and im not retarded for buying them.great hair pruduct i would give he a 5 star

June 9, 2010 at 4:23 pm
(42) WLC says:

I don’t think Rosy is so bad… one should be careful of the use of the word “retarded” but it is often used informally, even by people who are diagnosed as retarded. Simply pointing it out to her without starting an argument with her would be better, it’s like you are all being more immature than she is.

Besides, the pin might not work for her due to the texture of her hair… I haven’t tried them but I am deeply skeptical. Many “great” new products DO NOT WORK FOR ME BECAUSE MY HAIR IS SO STRAIGHT AND ‘FINE’ TEXTURED! Therefore hairpins slip right out.

June 11, 2010 at 10:20 pm
(43) katy Schulze says:

Great product. Really works.

June 12, 2010 at 8:46 am
(44) Wendy says:

It looks like the majority love these pins. I work as a preschool teacher and usually have my hair up so I’m very interested in trying these out. Thanks for the input!

June 12, 2010 at 7:15 pm
(45) Crystal says:

I agree with WLC; Rosy isn’t so bad. We all know she didn’t use the word “retarded” to be offensive. It has another meaning these days, so just calm down.

Now, my hair is a little past my shoulders, straight, and thin. Do you think these would work in my hair?

June 13, 2010 at 12:19 am
(46) Karajo says:

Mkay, I would love for the argument to continue somewhere else please. The spin pin is the best!!!!! I mean, I have shoulder length, thickkkkkk, layered, course hair. I get it in a bun in less than a minute and it stays all day!!! 4 stars, because I don’t think it should be so pricey.

June 13, 2010 at 3:31 am
(47) Christa says:

WLC- I used to have the same fine hair and everything slipping out..I found a product that actually makes your hair kinda dirty like and WOW love it..lanza has it and big sexy carries it..its a powder and now my hair is so easy to manage and I can do the styles that I lOVE..

Can’t wait to get these little pins~!!! I wear buns quite often and updo’s ..Thanks for the great feed back guys..

June 15, 2010 at 8:26 pm
(48) Loren says:

Just bought these today and was excited to try them out. I have thick hair and always have trouble putting it up in a bun. The only problem was that part of the bun started to come up. I would undo everything and put it back, but still have the same issues. I ended up having to put an extra bobby pin in my hair to keep the loose ends in. Other than that, they are great for a summer bun!

June 16, 2010 at 6:53 pm
(49) Denny says:

I have looked all over the place for them…can you find them in certain stores or just online?

As for Rosey, it really take a sad little person to pick on a 12 year old for using a word that they find offensive. People like y

June 16, 2010 at 6:53 pm
(50) Denny says:

June 16, 2010 at 6:57 pm
(51) Denny says:

….sorry, my computer is a little crazy tonight! lol

It’s people like you, the one’s who are soooo offended, who give certain words power over other human beings! I do have a brother who is “mentally retarded” and it pisses me off when people like you say that it is an insult to call someone a retard, as if it’s saying something terrible! You think you’re so much better because you have a higher functioning brain…NOT!! The word Retard actually just mean slow. Get over yourself!!!

June 19, 2010 at 11:37 pm
(52) Jade says:

I bought the hairpins, and the work really great. I was skeptical and at first didn’t get it right, but it didn’t take long. They don’t hurt putting in or taking out.

June 23, 2010 at 5:23 pm
(53) Bailey says:

after looking at two walgreens and finding them sold out, i found my spin pins at walmart. it took me forever to figure them out, but now that i did…i love it! i put my hair into a pony tail, braid it, and then wrap it into a bun, and it look really cool. i approve(:

as for Rosy and everyone else, i found it very amusing how pathetic this whole thing is, and i must say. i do feel a little pathetic mentioning the whole discussion in my comment. ahahha, but yeah spin pins…good stuff(;

June 23, 2010 at 10:55 pm
(54) Deanna says:

I’m a cosmetologist by trade and I’ve found these spin pins to be the best hair accessories I’ve ever seen. Believe me, I’ve tried everything out there, all the “works for sure!” things including the combs with beads on stretchy string and these spin pins are the best.
My hair is very long, it’s 3 to 4 inches past my waist so finding a way to secure it at night is a problem. If I don’t ‘pin’ it up somehow I either spend all night digging it out from under me or getting strangled by it. :-) If I use a wide barrette it makes my scalp sore. Using the spin pins, I just twist my hair into a bun as high on my head as I can, put one pin in the top and one in from the bottom and I can sleep comfortably and no sore scalp.
I’m so glad the pins are metal instead of plastic so they won’t break and I’ve not had them bend, either. Plus when I take my hair down in the morning it’s curly.
Now that it’s summer, long hair is especially hot, but not with these pins. Twist the hair up, one pin in the bottom, one in the top and it stays in a decent bun all day. Even just folding my hair several times on the back of my head and putting two spin pins in will hold it for a ‘messy’ look. I don’t even need a mirror to put my hair up. And my hair is not all one length, either, I have layers and these pins still work. I can’t understand how they couldn’t work for someone unless their hair is too short. As long as your hair is at least shoulder length they should work.
I plan on getting a second pair since I’ll be using them a LOT! I think they’re well worth the $6.00 I paid for them at Walgreen’s. Nothing has ever worked this well for me before and I’ve spent a lot of money and 25 years looking for something like this! I’ll never need to waste money on hair devices that don’t work again!

June 26, 2010 at 7:21 pm
(55) Kacy says:

I bought these today because did not have time to blow dry and straighten my hair before a very important meeting. I have very thick and long hair, even a ton of bobby pins have trouble holding my hair up. I put mine in a side bun at the nape of my neck and 8 hours later it is still perfect. So easy to use, if you know how a bun works in the first place! and no tangles when I took them out Just have to spin them right back out…LOVe LOVe love them

June 28, 2010 at 1:39 am
(56) Christy says:

So I purchased these hairpins the other day and they are the best investment I have made in a hair product. I have very long thin hair but lots of it. I have little time to do my hair and trust me with hair like mine it turns into a tangled mess with a hair tie. It becomes a hassle. Now with these hairpins all I have to do is twist and put the pins in. They go in easy and come out easy. I have even been sleeping with them in. Its a more secure bun than I would have with a hair tie. I would definitely suggest them especially those with a lot of long hair. It prevents the tangled mess that a hair tie makes.

June 28, 2010 at 1:39 pm
(57) Allie says:

1. I am on a swim team which means I have to find a way to put my hair up easy and fast so I can put my cap on. I usually just put it in a pony tail and put the cap on but that hurts and feels weird. My friends told me I should start putting it in a bun. So I did but I just use regular bobby pins, and I had to use, like, thousands of bobby pins to get it to stay. After practice I went to the locker room to change and when I took off my cap bobby pins flew every where! Not just that but my hair was a mess! Then on a commercial I saw the spin pin and it does the work of 20 BOBBY PINS BY ITSELF!!!! Just one does that!!! I immidiatley went and bought it at Target for about $6! I cant beleive how well they work- I can use one and it is still pretty tight! You just put it in like a corkscrew (spin it counterclockwise) and to take it out you spin it like a corkscrew and it doesnt even tangle! Even when ur hair has chlorine in it! Lolz. I will definatley be buying backups and would definatley recomend this!
2. As for Rosy and everybody else- good show!!! I am definatley entertained! Fighting on a website about HAIR PINS!!! LOL!!!! Rosy u can say what ever u want about me cuz I will definatley not be caught fighting on a website about hair pins, but I have to say its kind of weird that you KEEP COMING BACK to reply to everybody in a rude way. By the way- it’s kind of obvious that Rosy is Ruby- like another viewer said- just look at the times that they posted. XD
Also Rosy/Ruby lies about her age to get sympathy. Wow. “Yeah I’m 12 u dont have to go around hurting little girls feelings” Later on “Actually I’m 15 so yeah.” And then calling people retarted for using this AMAZING product? Wow that’s really really sad. What if you really were “retarted” (it’s not an amusing word I went to a school where they took care of kids like that) would you like it if people called you retarted for I dont know- not being able to type right? That must have hurt your feelings at least a little bit- so watch what you say.
I have to agree- it was a little sad of ME to have to say that on a comment about HAIR PINS. Really?

June 28, 2010 at 3:52 pm
(58) Kam says:

so i have thick, shoulder length, layered hair. i saw the commercial for the spin pin and i wanted to try it out. it took me a while to get it because Walgreens was out. i waited a week and went back. they had them. i bought them and because i was so excited to use them, i tried them out in the parking lot (i know kind of pathetic) it took me a few tries to get it right, but when i did it stayed of the rest of the day!!

this is a great product!! i love it

OH and for all those people who are fighting on a website, about a girl who was commenting about the product (which is what your supposed to do here) maybe, just maybe you could give her a break. and Ruby/Rosy whoever you are, maybe just maybe you could stop arguing back. i mean you stated your opinion, just let it go, stop making LAME comebacks and changing your age for pity.

OK

June 28, 2010 at 5:11 pm
(59) kthnxbye says:

Today is the first day I got these things to work after several attempts. It doesn’t work well if you try to use a pony tail holder first. You have to twist your hair into a bun, tuck the ends, and then spin the pins in. You also have to make sure you’ve crossed the pins.

Be sure to unspin the pin when you want it to come out. It won’t just pull out.

June 30, 2010 at 7:19 pm
(60) Deanna says:

O.k. I’ve been using these pins for over a week now, both while I’m awake and asleep and I am SO impressed with them! They WORK!
They’re comfortable, easy to use, extremely sturdy and they secure my hair like nothing else I’ve ever found!
I divided my hair into two halves, twisted the top half into a bun using one pin to secure it and did the same with the lower half and darned if it didn’t look great but stayed put until I took it down. It looked like an intricate chignon. Usually when I attempt to wear my hair like this it all falls out if I move my head a fraction of an inch, meaning instantly, of course, but these pins keep it absolutely, firmly in place until I choose to take it down.
I’ve also found that if you divide the top half of your hair and twist it up into a bun you only have to use one pin to secure it and you can leave the rest of your hair loose, hanging down your back.
Why hasn’t someone come up with these pins long ago?? (Acutally, ‘Maria’ from comment #29 said she had bought some of them back in the 80′s but couldn’t find anymore of them until now. So why did they stop making them?? Very odd.) They’re perfect!
I’m getting my second set/back-ups tomorrow!

*Rosy/Ruby, I’m sorry for you, honey, however old you are, male/female, green with purple spots, four arms, whatever..
You seem to have an anger issue. None of us are here to fight, just talk, and you’re welcome to talk as long as you’re not mean and nasty. You’re entitled to your opinion, but so are all of us. Please don’t insult anyone just because they disagree with you, be nice to everyone, o.k? You make friends that way instead of angry enemies.

July 5, 2010 at 8:27 pm
(61) Jennifer says:

These pins are great. I have long, thick wavy hair and they work. The first time I ever used one was in 1995. My hairdresser picked one up at a trade show in Las Vegas. She put my hair up for a wedding and ONE pin held my hair for almost 20 hours. Great product!

July 8, 2010 at 11:05 am
(62) Karen says:

First of all Rosy perhaps you shouldn’t throw the word retarded around so easily. Second of all…use the word challenged (which You obviously are). These pins are sooooo easy to use, I have super thick hair and these two pins hold all day long with ease. They are simple to use and I absolutely love them. Thanks Goody for such a great product.

July 15, 2010 at 12:31 pm
(63) eva says:

I bought one package, went home and tried them. Love them. Went out and bought 2 more packs. I have medium length, wavy hair.
I have already started telling all my friends about them! Now if I could only learn to french braid my own hair! :-)

July 16, 2010 at 11:02 am
(64) Donna says:

these spin pins are awesome! I am not very good at getting my hair into a bun, but with these its easy. I took them camping and could sit on the beach and throw my hair up in 30 seconds. just twist the hair and twirl it into a bun, then secure with the pins. I have long hair and these hold it all day or night. definately worth trying out and if you can’t use them, you can return them.

July 16, 2010 at 5:37 pm
(65) Dani says:

I have medium textured, mostly straight (somewhat wavy), quite long hair, with some layering around my face. I bought these pins after seeing a commercial for them and they looked interesting and worth a try. I have only used them for a short time, but they work very well. I was under the impression that it would work with only one pin (and it does) but it feels more secure with two. I have always struggled to get my hair into a bun (and STAY in a bun) and this product works well for me. I recommend to others with my hair type.

July 19, 2010 at 8:56 pm
(66) Melinda says:

ok i love these pins they work great. For those who say they don’t try twisting them clockwise ( making the pin seem like it’s growing longer) My hair is also layered and i have to say i have no problem getting them into my hair, i can even part my hair down the middle and make two little bun pigtails lol. And not to mention the easiest way to curl your hair if hot curling irons and flat irons don’t work. It doesn’t snag upon removal and they are very comfortable to wear through out the day. My hair is very fine and so difficult to work with and these pins work wonders for my hair…

not that the subject is on hand anymore but please don’t use the word retarded. My aunt is mentally retarded and for someone to use that as an insult to a hair product no less its just very offensive to my whole family. My aunt is a wonderful person and has feelings just like everyone else so please think before you speak.

July 20, 2010 at 11:07 am
(67) angielk says:

maybe rosy should go ask her mommy to help her with the hair pins?

Love this product- wearing them now! Such an awesome alternative to a ponytail or messy loose half pony!

August 5, 2010 at 1:37 pm
(68) Kirsten says:

I run cross country and let me tell ya: I am sick and tired of crossing the finish line with my ponytail falling apart!! Something’s got to change!This looks and sounds like a good product, but can these pins withstand 25 minutes of vigorous activity?

August 5, 2010 at 1:47 pm
(69) Kirsten says:

I run cross country and I’m getting tired of crossing the finish line with my ponytail falling apart… I look bad enough after a race, I don’t need my hair’s help! lol. I’m looking for change and these pins look and sound good, but can they withstand 25 minutes of vigorous activity? Your feedback is appreciated, thanks!!! =)

August 5, 2010 at 2:00 pm
(70) Kirsten says:

Ohhhh. I’m sorry, one of those shouldn’t be there! My computer is a total spaz! lol

August 6, 2010 at 12:06 am
(71) Deanna says:

Hi Kirsten,
Yes, they’re great for workouts, running, etc. If you wind your hair into a nice, tight bun and put one pin in from the top and one from the bottom they’d keep your hair in place just fine. I’ve put mine through a LOT and they’ve not budged and kept my hair in place perfectly. I’ve had a few stray hairs come loose at the nape of my neck, but that was it and it actually looked kind of nice.

August 6, 2010 at 12:22 am
(72) Deanna says:

In case anybody thinks I work for this company and I’m ‘pushing’ these pins (no pun intended) since I’ve posted here a lot, No, I don’t work for them but in truth I wouldn’t mind being a rep for these pins, they really are great! I’ve recommended them to quite a few women and they all really like them. So far I’ve used them to keep my hair up while I sleep and they don’t make my head sore or come out. My hair is still in place when I get up, even if it is a little frayed around the edges, I’ve used them at two funerals and one wedding and a hot tub party so they work for any occasion.

August 6, 2010 at 5:22 pm
(73) Kirsten says:

Thanks Deanna! definitely gonna have to try them now! (so excited)

August 9, 2010 at 1:26 pm
(74) Gloria says:

If you say these don’t work, you don’t know how to use them. I have waist legnth hair and 2 of these hold my thick curly hair firmly in place till I remove them. I first purchased these in the 80′s and have treasured & guarded my last 4. I was very happy to find them again in stores. Especially nice is the fact that they’re hidden. Properly placed/used no one can tell how your hair is secured.

August 19, 2010 at 7:10 pm
(75) Quinn says:

These Spin Pins are AMAZINGGG!! I thought they looked cool and simple to use after seeing the commercial and I immediately wanted them. I picked up a set at Target, I saw two colors Blonde and Brunette. They’re great, and you can do way more than just a chic messy bun. :) Don’t think about it, just get them!

August 25, 2010 at 5:01 am
(76) Marily says:

Like Maria I have been using pins like this since the 1980′s. I found some on ebay but they were from China and not very good. I love these! If you are having trouble with the pins holding your hair, place the pin so that when you twist it in it catches the hair in your bun or twist and the hair next to your scalp. This is what makes this pin work so well. I have alot of fine hair that is past my waist and I can put in 3 pins and my hair stays put all day.

August 27, 2010 at 5:34 pm
(77) Darcie says:

I love these! I have very thick shoulder length hair and the spin pin holds my hair in place! I also used it for my 3 year old daughter’s hair. Her hair is baby fine and thin and when I use the spin pin her hair stays put all day! And I can do styles i normaly wouldn’t think of for her, like a french twist!

September 3, 2010 at 10:03 pm
(78) Lauren says:

I really like these pins! I have very long, thick, wavy hair with layers. When I saw the commercial, I was a little skeptical if they would actually worked. I even opened the package carefully because I thought I’d need to return them. To my surprise, the pins put up all of my hair! I am so happy I no longer need to use billions of bobby pins! Unlike bobby pins, I definitely won’t lose my spin pins!

September 8, 2010 at 6:51 pm
(79) Sherri says:

I just bought these spin pins. I have very curly fine hair and thought they would get stuck in it, but they dont at all. And, you cannot feel anything poking into you all day. Love them.

September 12, 2010 at 8:09 pm
(80) Sabrina says:

I looooooove these!!! They’re my new favorite thing!

September 20, 2010 at 5:42 am
(81) Rachel says:

Interesting. I’ve never seen these but would love to give them a try.

Also try sleeping on silk http://www.essenceofsilk.com for more info.

September 20, 2010 at 10:01 pm
(82) Jen says:

I love these! I am a teacher and sometimes I just can’t handle hair in my face along with everything else. My hair is light brown, long layers, thick, and wavy.

I can put my hair in a fairly sleek bun with no ponytail and these hold well.

I also like to use a ponytail, wrap my hair loosely, and have a messy bun, which I like even better.

October 21, 2010 at 3:11 pm
(83) Angie says:

They really DO work. I was unsure at first, but I bought them anyhow and sure enough it stayed they way it was supposed for hours!! The down side: if they are in the wrong place in the bun, it hurts the back of your head. BUT, a HUGE asset to my collection!!!!

October 24, 2010 at 11:18 am
(84) huffmu1 says:

Well, at least the people/children touting the word “retarded” around have stopped posting. I am a special ed teacher, and the use of that word is insulting and ignorant….it’s not about being politically correct or incorrect; there’s a difference between that and being hurtful and mean (and showing off your complete lack of decency and maturity)…I would love to see the “adult” who posted this use that word around her boss……off my soap box now!

….anyway, I have not had luck with the spin pins or the ponytail pouf……what am I doing wrong? :)

November 13, 2010 at 9:47 pm
(85) Eli says:

I came to this page to find information regarding a product and WOW what a shock I got!

Rosey- maybe you should spend a little more time working on your English homework, you could certainly use it. If you truly are a teenager, won’t it be an eyeopener for you when your first child is diagnosed with a disability? Of ALL of the people in the world, you feel good about picking on those who are defenseless? You might take a little time to reflect on just what type of person you are.

Kitty and Lauren- really?!

I have been the proud sister of a person with disabilities for 27 years. When the word “retarded” is used in this context, it undermines everything that he is and has worked so hard to achieve in his lifetime. It implies that he is someone who is disgusting. While in fact, he is one of the most stellar individuals to have graced this Earth. It is hurtful and not very admirable on your part.

November 14, 2010 at 10:29 pm
(86) Alex says:

Okay ladies, first of all it’s “opinion”. Can we please learn to spell? Secondly, it’s a freaking bobby pin…there doesn’t need to be this much controversy. Get over it.

November 18, 2010 at 1:48 pm
(87) Anne says:

Firstly, I agree with the anonymous poster. The use of the word, “retarded” to describe something as being stupid or unfavorable is ignorant and offensive.

On a lighter note, these twist pins are fantastic. I have very long and very fine hair, and have always had a challenge trying to form a fashionable updo, as clips and regular bobby pins tend to slip out within the first hour of usage. The twist pins went in easily and stayed in place until I took them out… I’ll definitely be recommending this product to my friends!

November 18, 2010 at 3:30 pm
(88) Deanna says:

To “huffmu1″ who is having trouble with the pins;
Brush your hair up and gather it as if you were going to make a ponytail, but don’t use any ponytail holders, then begin to twist the ponytail in one direction, it will begin to fold and twist as you tighten it. Let it fold up against the back of your head and when it is twisted tight but not tight enough to hurt or pull your scalp, wind it around itself in one direction until you can tuck the ends of the hair under the bun. Hold it in place with one hand while you pick up a spin pin and insert the pin into the top of the bun, catching both the hair in the bun and the hair next to your scalp. Do this lightly so that it isn’t so tight that it pulls on your scalp, you don’t need to catch much hair in the pin for it to hold. Spin the pin into your hair all the way, then using the second pin repeat the technique but put the pin in from the bottom of the bun. This should work, this is the method I use and it holds my hair all night and I can even sleep with it that way. Let us know if you have success with this, if not maybe someone here has another method that would work for you. Good luck. If anyone has a different method they use or any suggestions let us all know.

December 6, 2010 at 3:36 am
(89) Drew says:

Spin Pins are miracle workers! I just bought some about 2 days ago and I’ve worn them everyday since! They are super easy to put in and make doing my hair in the morning not such a pain. I’m in college and I usually wake up with just enough time to take a quick shower, throw together and outfit and brush my hair into the neatest looking ponytail or up-do as possible. My favorite thing to do with them is to put my hair into a low, side-bun and then put hair flowers around the front of the bun..right below the ears, for a classy but fun look. It makes it look like i spent at 20 minutes on my hair when it really took my 2! i would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to ANYONE!

December 8, 2010 at 10:53 pm
(90) Lisa says:

I’m going to try these. Thank you to the people who actually wrote reviews based on the product instead of participating in some silly argument.

December 10, 2010 at 1:11 pm
(91) lori says:

Are they only available at Target?

December 23, 2010 at 11:45 am
(92) Victoria says:

I just wasted 10 minutes reading all of these comments. Ten minutes I’ll never get back! I would really like to buy the pins, but I can’t find them in Canada. Walmart and Loblaws are already sold out! Merry Christmas everyone!

December 25, 2010 at 8:18 pm
(93) Rebecca says:

I think we need to calm down! it all depends on the kind of hair you have! the spin pin is brilliant for the kind of hair styles i have made . Maybe your using them wrong?

January 26, 2011 at 7:59 pm
(94) SMC says:

I LOVE these!!!! I work in a busy ER, 12 hour shifts, when I use these I can rely on them that they will still be in place and secure by the end of my shift no matter what my day throws at me. regular pony tale holders would always give my a headache by the end of the day, as I would have to wear them so tight to keep my hair in place, NO headaches with these!!! YAY!!!

January 28, 2011 at 7:20 am
(95) Tessa says:

I dunno if im stupid or what, i read all these great reviews and bla bla but then when i tried it on my hair which has lots of choppy layers the layers all fall out and the bun doesnt even look like a bun :( And when i do finally manage after a thousand time to get them in, after about an hour they fall out :(

Anyways cya guys!!

January 31, 2011 at 9:08 pm
(96) Alejandra says:

I can’t believe I just read that whole list of comments to read that argument.
Using the word retarded is flat out mean…

March 13, 2011 at 11:55 am
(97) Abbs says:

well these spin pins i bought the other day, work on my type of hair and i have long curly hair. seeing some of the comments and some saying that it doesn’t work, they probably have different types of hair. it would seem like it wouldn’t work in straight or thin or very thick hair, so my conclusion is that it works on some according to their hair types. i on the other hand, love these pins. like someone said, it’s like 20 pins in 2 spin pins.