Top Fashion Schools
The first step you're going to need is to get an education in Fashion Design.
Find your dream design school by checking out our list of the Top Fashion Schools in America!
East Coast -
Located in America's fashion capital, New York City, Pratt and Parsons are two of the most prominent fashion design colleges in the nation. Both schools offer a BFA, and Parsons is the former teaching home of Tim Gunn, host of Project Runway. Drexel University is located in the nearby city of Philadelphia, and also offers a BFA in Fashion Design.
- Parsons The New School for Design (New York City, NY)
- Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, NY)
- Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA)
Along with being a celebrity-fashion mecca, California is home to some incredible CFDA approved fashion schools, like CCA and Academy of Art University. FIDM is a school who has recently received a lot of media attention, due to the fact that Lauren Conrad (of Laguna Beach fame) is a student!
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (Los Angeles, CA)
- Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA)
- California College of the Arts (San Francisco & Oakland, CA)
The Midwest might not be the first place that pops in your head when you're thinking 'Fashion School', but maybe it should be! KSU and University of Cincinnati are both partners with Teen Vogue's scholarship program and SAIC is the alma mater of Halston and Cynthia Rowley!
- Kent State University (Kent, OH)
- University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH)
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
If you're a fan (or resident) of the South, you'll be excited to know that Savannah College of Art and Design's special guests often include designers like Zac Posen and Miuccia Prada!
- Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA)