Vibrant, bright jeans and denim are all the rage right now, but it's a little tricky to figure out how to wear them. Even more difficult is how to wash and care for colorful denim! Thanks to tips from the experts at Cotton Incorporated, those worries are a thing of the past.
Time Required: Less Than Two Hours
- Because color alone is such a bold statement, ankle crops and skinny jeans are the best choice for most body types. Baggier cuts in bright and bold colors can be overwhelming, causing you to look larger than your actual size.
- When wearing bright jeans and denim, your legs are the focal point. The safest way to wear bright denim jeans is to pair it with tops, cardigans and tees in neutral colors.
- Feeling bold and playful? Try pairing your bright denim with an added burst of color. This can be as subtle as an accent cotton scarf or as bold as a cotton tunic in a contrasting color.
- Make sure to read the label for recommended care prior to laundering.
- Turn jeans inside-out before washing to minimize fading.
- Wash bright denim jeans in cold water and consider using a cold water detergent for dark colored clothing. Never use bleach.
- If you use a stain removal product, always make sure you protect your bright denim jeans by pre-testing the effects of the stain removal technique on a hidden area of the garment.
- Line drying works best to preserve the color but follow with an air tumble run to restore the jeans to the best feel.